Reply To: Tool Layer flexibility

Optuma Forums Optuma Feature Requests Tool Layer flexibility Reply To: Tool Layer flexibility

MathewMathew
  • Topics: 28
  • Replies: 1,445

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately not. I would not expect it in 2018 as our development schedule is very long and these are not simple items to achieve. We have 4 developers working on Optuma and our other projects. As part of the process, we are constantly assessing projects and shuffling the schedule based on priorities.

Every request gets assessed on three main criteria:

1. How easy is it to implement
  2. How many clients have requested it
  3. Will it help us sell more Optuma

eg something that is a 5min task will get done if only one person asked for it. But a month long project would need many people requesting it and would need to be assessed in terms of the opportunity cost by us delaying other projects.

In this case, these are not massively hard, but also not simple to implement – No one else has requested the feature – While it will make layer organization simpler, it will not be a key reason that someone buys Optuma. So this idea is not hitting any of the metrics that would leap-frog it to the front of the queue.

I really like the idea, and would love to put it in, but I also have to make sure that we are focused on the developments that will sustain the company for the long term. It’s on the list but it is impossible for me to give an ETA on it.

All the best

Mathew

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close