Reply To: ATR Exit

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting ATR Exit Reply To: ATR Exit

Jane
  • Topics: 1
  • Replies: 2

Hi Matthew

I have it added as the exit criteria and I have no other exit criteria (so no OR required?).

Can I just check that the script is correct?  I have CLOSE() <= ATRTSCAN(CALCOFF=HIGH) but I think I may have changed it from the low which was the default?

Either way, I just ran the back on a single code (BXB) and I only get 1 trade in 10 years.  It seems to be taking the first entry in the test period of the last 10 years on 2/9/08 and then the exit is on the last bar of the chart (30/8/18).  In fact I suspect this is only because I have ‘close all positions’ ticked in the backtester.

In the attached chart of BXB, there are 3 show bars overlaid on the chart as well as the strategy trades arrows.  Green arrows are possible entries (criteria is just a close above 18 period WMA), red arrow is the ATR Long Trailing Stop script above – you get 3 red arrows at the beginning of the chart in 1985 and then nothing and then the pink arrows are Mathew’s ATR exit script from this thread.

I have NO idea what I’m doing wrong?!!  I’ve uploaded screenshots of the backtest as well as the workbook with the BXB chart…

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close