Reply To: Historic Price Action or Pattern Copy Tool

Optuma Forums Feature Requests Historic Price Action or Pattern Copy Tool Reply To: Historic Price Action or Pattern Copy Tool

Mathew
Mathew
  • Topics: 15
  • Replies: 887

Hi Duke,

We have a tool that may do this for you. It’s called “Pattern Matcher”. In the image it is the blue box. I selected the area of the market that I wanted to match. It identifies swings based on your choice of rules (Gann, Volatility, percentage or pivots). In the blue box you can see the two swings that it identified. Following that you can see an exact match in green and an inverted match in red.

The thing with this tool is that is reduces the swings to a Pattern String – here is the one for this pattern {“PATTERNS”:[“110,-85.38”]}

This one is simple it is looking for a 110% pattern in time and a 85% pattern in price. Although in the properties I told it to match on price only (so the 110 is being ignored).

At the bottom I have the results of a scan

dji

scan

If we look at APH, we are within the 10% threshold I had set on the tool. I’m using a TPL tool (Time Price Label) if you ever use that one, go to the actions and select “Add New Label” then it shows retracements etc.

TPL

Hope that helps

Mathew

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close