Reply To: PASCAL Custom Programming Module

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting PASCAL Custom Programming Module Reply To: PASCAL Custom Programming Module

• Topics: 91
  • Replies: 266

Hi David,

I learned the basics of Pascal from TutorialsPoint which provides a free online tutorial. It helps if you have some familiarity with other programming languages and a basic understand of programming logic structures. After doing a basic Pascal tutorial  you have go through the challenge of learning the vagaries of the version of Pascal your are going to use, like Optuma’s Pascal implementation which has a lot of special customisations providing functionality aimed at integration with Optuma and the data sets that Optuma uses, ie chart data. Pascal is particularly syntax critical and resolving errors can be a issue, depending on the Pascal Editor you are using, and in this regard the “Optuma Tool Programming (Beta)” leaves a fair bit to be desired, but must be used to test any Custom Tool code developed.

Other Pascal sources I find useful are:

I’ve developed a number of Custom Tools, a couple of which are available (at modest cost) from my web site Auld Tyma Data that might give you an idea of the basic things that can be programmed. I’m currently working on some more complex tool and finding it “competitive” making them work the way I desire.

If you decide to proceed with leaning Pascal and developing Optuma Custom Tools I’m happy to assist you, but be aware, I frequently have to rely on getting assistance from Optuma’s Developers Forum, a private forum for Optuma Pascal users, when working on my more complex Tools. I can be contact through Auld Tyma Data.

Cheers

Trevor

The Auld Tyma at

Auld Tyma Data Logo with URL 1 cm

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close