Reply To: Variant Of Weis Wave

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting Variant Of Weis Wave Reply To: Variant Of Weis Wave

• Topics: 0
  • Replies: 5

I wanted to be able to see the cumulative volume for each swing (as in the Gann Swing Overlay) on a chart. I found a script in this thread (#49999) which looked something like what I needed. After looking at Optuma’s scripting videos I managed to create it as a new tool, however when I  apply it to a chart it shows the output over the chart area see below) – not beneath the chart (as would be the case with say the way the Volume tool displays . The second issue is that the forum thread talks about a 2 bar swing and I’m just looking for the cumulative volume of each swing – ie not sure what effect the 2 bar condition would have. My first foray into scripting other than for some basic scanning so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I found that if I added Volume to a chart and then ran my new script tool it does display as per the thread example. However, I’d still appreciate an explanation of what impact the 2 bar criteria in the thread example has (I’m assuming it means there needs to be a swing of 2 bars?) – and how would I amend the script to achieve what I want?

Swing volume

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close