Reply To: Gap Identifier tool

Optuma Forums Optuma Feature Requests Gap Identifier tool Reply To: Gap Identifier tool

• Topics: 17
  • Replies: 22

Hi Mathew & Darren,

I’m trying to find a way to compare one stock to another based solely on past tendency for a stock to have gaps.  I have been thinking of a method to be able to add a ‘gap risk’ component into a risk model but I don’t know if there is a way to script something like this. Here is what I have thought of:

A) A variable that adds up all gap space in percentages, up or down  ( example: 15% )
B) A variable that adds up all non-gap space in percentages, up or down (example: 1000%)

Then with those data points:
Divide A into B = .015

Lets say this .015 is compared to a competitor’s stock that came up with .035 ,  then a conclusion could be the first stock has less ‘gap-risk’ and can a factor into a model..  The comparisons probably would have to start at the same time, example – last 10 years of data, contingent that both stocks have at least that much history.

Is this possible in scripting?  Or maybe there is a better way to think about this with a different method?

Jeff

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close