Reply To: Bullish Combination Scan

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting Bullish Combination Scan Reply To: Bullish Combination Scan

Jeremy
  • Topics: 1
  • Replies: 4

Hi Matthew,

I’ve continued to work on getting this scan up and running and have outlined what I have so far including the description of the rules.

90c Breakout Script

Rule 1: today’s (current) close price is greater than 90c on open price
Rule 2: Today’s volume >100,000)
Rule 3: Yesterday’s close-open variance is less than today’s close-open variance)
Rule 4: Yesterday’s close divided by the previous day’s close is less than or = 1.02)

//Rule 1
COV = (Close() – Open());
V1 = COV >= 0.90;
//Rule 2
V2 = VOL() > 100000;
//Rule 3
V3 = COV()[1]<COV();
//Rule 4
V4 = (CLOSE()[1] / CLOSE()[2]) <= 1.02;
//All Rules Pass
V1 and V2 and V3 and V4

The scan results show zero stocks though this morning on TC2000, this scan picked up 453 stocks from the NASDAQ/NYSE. I appreciate that this is a larger universe, though the scan criteria to me doesn’t seem overly restrictive so I am curious about the lack of results on the ASX.

4% Breakout Script
I’ve had an attempt at part two of the scan which is the 4% breakout and have stipulated the following rules.

Rule 1: Today’s close divided by yesterday’s close is greater than or equal to 1.04 and
Rule 2: Today’s volume is greater than yesterday’s volume, and
Rule 3: Today’s volume is greater than 100,000, and
Rule 4: Yesterday’s close divide by the previous day’s close is less than or equal to 1.02, and
Rule 5: Today’s close price is equal to or greater than $3, and
Rule 6: Today’s close minus today’s low divided by today’s high minus today’s close is equal to or greater than .70 (closing within 70% of high)

//Rule 1
V1 = ROC(BARS=1) > 4;
//Rule 2
V2 = VOL() > VOL()[1]);
//Rule 3
V3 = VOL>100000;
//Rule 4
V4 = (CLOSE()[1] / CLOSE()[2]) <= 1.02 ;
//Rule 5
V5 = CLOSE()=>3
//Rule 6
CLV = (Close() -Low ());
HLV = (High()-Low())>.7
V6 = (CLV()/(HLV())>.70
//All Rules Pass
V1 and V2 and V3 and V4 and V5 and V6

The script isn’t valid so I’m missing something here. If you could point out where I’m going wrong that would be great.

Jeremy

Pin It on Pinterest