Reply To: Gann Swing with different Time Frames

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting Gann Swing with different Time Frames Reply To: Gann Swing with different Time Frames

Lester
  • Topics: 24
  • Replies: 39

Hi, Tim & Cuong

Thank you Tim and Cuong for your interest and contributions.

I have done some more work and found a script that partly works.  My included Work Sheet (GS DW Eg) shows correct and incorrect triggers.

I did try it with the BARBYBAR=True option, but that caused multiple triggering.

Originally, I was misled when I placed a Gann Swing Weekly Overlay on the Daily Chart.

I used the following script in a Show Plot.  Initially it seems to work, but on closer examination turning points were occurring during the week (Which IS INCORRECT).

I would like to be able to add a GS Weekly TF Overlay onto the Daily chart, but have not yet found a way to do it.

In my script that partly works above you will note that the “Week(PERIODAMOUNT=1, BARBYBAR=False)” TF override is placed inside the GANNSWING() operator.

This is contrary to what the Optuma “Word Processor Syntax Editor Tool” wants.  If used correctly only want a TF override to be placed in a GS sub-function.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Lester

Pin It on Pinterest