Reply To: Optuma to run on Arm Based Computers ie Apple M1 or Windows Arm64

Optuma Forums Optuma Feature Requests Optuma to run on Arm Based Computers ie Apple M1 or Windows Arm64 Reply To: Optuma to run on Arm Based Computers ie Apple M1 or Windows Arm64

David
  • Topics: 4
  • Replies: 9

Hi Rod and Mathew,

I’m not seeing the problem Rod’s reported – I can reboot my 16Gb Mac Air M1, fire up Parallels then fire up Windows/ARM, then Optuma – no delay required other than waiting for each step to finish.

However, if I click “Download History” on the Download Data History screen, it then goes into limbo. I’ve waited 20 mins or so but it doesn’t come back. I have to go into Task Manager and kill Optuma, then I can start it again.

On the other hand, if I don’t try to Download History on that screen, I can continue opening Optuma, then bring up any chart I like and download history on that chart. As I only watch and trade a small number of markets, I can live with that. It’d be a lot more painful if I was tracking lots of different markets

On the plus side, my M1 Mac Air is noticeably faster and easier on battery than my 2020 MacBook Pro (pre-M1), as well as being about 1/2 the weight. I can easily run the Air off battery all day, whereas I’m lucky to get 3-4 hours out of my Pro. That’ll be important to me if life ever gets back to normal and we can start travelling again.

Dave M.

Pin It on Pinterest