Reply To: Advance Decline Percent

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting Advance Decline Percent Reply To: Advance Decline Percent

Louis
  • Topics: 33
  • Replies: 55

Hi Darren. I have a question. Attached is picture 1. Picture 1 shows the advance and decline data for the S&P 500 as of the close on 03/09/2022. This data shows 418 advancers and 82 decliners. The net advancers are 336. The advance decline percentage becomes 67.20%. That is 336/500. They use 500 as the total issues, not sure why they drop the last few.

When I asked about determining this advance decline percentage you replied above saying: “Set the Breadth Action in the custom breadth engine to Advance Decline Percent and use CLOSE() IsUp for the Advance Script and CLOSE() IsDown for the declines.” When I do this, the result is 83.4. Please see picture 2. The 500 vs 505 is not the cause of this difference.

I am not sure what is causing such a large difference in the calculations in pictures 1 and 2.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Of note, the following script with the breadth engine set to sum gets me a lot closer. Please see picture 3.

thank you!

Pin It on Pinterest