Band between 2 plots

Hi,

I’m creating a custom tool that shade the band between 2 plots e.g. similar to Ichimoku Cloud.

I tried setting PlotStyle to Shaded. However I’m not able to access the 2nd layer parameters, i.e. fill up color, fill down color, fill transparency and fill up/down barrier etc. How do I set those parameters.

Is there any other way to do it? Thanks.

KC

Hi KC,

When seeking assistance with a scripting problem, help us to help you by including your script with your request. It may well be a simple syntactical issue that has been overlooked and can be quickly identified. Alternatively, your script will give us a clue as to what you are trying to do so we can further develop your script.

As a starting point, I suggest you take a look at the Knowledge Base article Multi-Plot Shading which describes the fundamental approach to shading between 2 plots.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum group. This should be posted in the custom programming thread. I have never use scripting.

After juggling around, I manage to code out what I need with a tweak by making the custom indicator “move to back” to solve the transparency issue. You basically use 3 shaded plots, one each for the 2 lines, and a third one for the white space below both lines.

Thanks.

regards,

KC