Swing Scripting Documentation

Is there a comprehensive documentation of all the Gann Swing scripting calls? I watched the videos but still have questions. I have figured how to use the most recent instance (current data) of other tools, but Gann Swings are giving me fits. I’m looking for a “kinda” Javadoc for:

GANNSWING()
SWINGSTART()
SWINGEND()

For example, I believe I saw SWINGSTART(gs, 2) in an example but don’t know all the parameters I can use in these functions.

Thanks.
Andy

Here is a nice little base finder. Won’t catch them all but works for a few. Let me know if anyone sees a way to do it better.

ma50=MA(BARS=50, CALC=Close);
rs=RIC(INDEX=SPX:WI, ZEROBASED=True, DATESEL=Last Quarter);
gs1 = GANNSWING(SWINGCOUNT=3, USEINSIDE=False, METHOD=Use Next Bar, USECLUSTERS=False);
ss = SWINGSTART(gs1);
(gs1 TurnsUp) and (ss > ss[2]) and (ss[2] < ss[3]) and (rs > 10) and (CLOSE() > ma50)

Hi Andy,

Have a look at this forum reply I did in January and let me know if you have questions beyond that.

https://forum.optuma.com/reply/50551/

All the best

Mathew

Excellent Mathew. Thanks!

I do all of my scanning on the most recent data backwards. Attached is an extension of Mathew’s response.

Swing 0 Start formula:
  g1 = GANNSWING(USECLUSTERS=False, SWINGCOUNT=3);
  SWINGSTART(g1)

Swing 0 End formula:
  SWINGEND(g1)

Swing 1 Start formula:
  SWINGSTART(g1, 1)

Swing 1 End formula:
  SWINGEND(g1, 1)

So now I can find the swing patterns I want and make a daily watchlist - both long and short.