Scripts In Watchlist Displaying Zeros

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting Scripts In Watchlist Displaying Zeros

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #65797
    Louis
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 21
    • Posts: 35

    Hi,

    I am having an issue with scripts in a watchlist displaying as 0. Attached is a PDF with screenshots explaining what is going on. Thank you for investigating.

    #65800
    Matthew
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 422
    • Posts: 427

    By default, a watchlist will load only 1 years worth of data.  If scripts require more history than that you need to go to the Watchlists properties panel and adjust the Date Range to Everything.

    Ex1

    If the values remain as zero once that’s done please attach the workbook itself for review.

    #65803
    Louis
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 21
    • Posts: 35

    Hi Matthew,

    I updated the Date Range field to Everything. The rows are still showing zeros. Please see the attached workbook. Thank you.

    #65806
    Matthew
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 422
    • Posts: 427

    Hi,

    When I open the workbook all values in the Watchlist load ok.  I suspect you may be missing some historical data for the codes.

    If you open a chart do you see a full set of data, or is it only a limited amount?

    I’d suggest running through Option 3 here for the S&P Indices exchange to ensure you have all available data for the codes in the WL:

    https://help.optuma.com/kb/faq.php?id=793

    #65807
    Louis
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 21
    • Posts: 35

    Following option 3 fixed the issue completely. Thank you for helping me!

    #65811
    Louis
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 21
    • Posts: 35

    Hi Matthew,

    Sorry to bother, but the last column has reverted back to all zeros!

    Originally I had linked excel lists to the watchlists. I made changes to the excel file, not to the sheet with the symbols but a different sheet in the workbook, and that messed up the watchlists in Optuma. I went back and created manual lists and relinked them to the watchlists. All three of the scripts are working, but the final column that averages two of the scripts has stopped working. The date range of the watchlist is still set to everything. I even scripted them again. Please have a look at this workbook to see why the ASC_Intermediate&LongTermRS script has stopped working in all of the watchlists. I would appreciate that. Thank you very much.

    #65827
    Darren
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 666
    • Posts: 732

    Thanks Louis. Will have to investigate further, but in the meantime use this combined script:

    If you are interested in Rate of Change momentum you may wish to take a look at Martin Pring’s Know Sure Thing indicator:

    https://help.optuma.com/kb/faq.php?id=994

    #65833
    Louis
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 21
    • Posts: 35

    Hi Darren. Thank you for this script. It’s working well. Pring’s KST and Special K sure are interesting! Louis

    #65839
    Matthew
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 422
    • Posts: 427

    Hi,

    The last column in the Watchlist was blank as the scripts being referenced contained a time frame override, but the script functions themselves did not.  In this scenario, if you applied the same script to the chart you’d see this causes the output to show only a value on Fridays.  All other days are zero.

    To resolve this, you need to use a time frame override on the Script() functions as well, once that is done the expected result is returned.

    Adjusted script…

    Here is how it looks on the chart (original script) vs Watchlist (updated script).

    Ex2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest