TEMA from STOCKS & COMMODITIES – Feb-1994

Optuma Forums Optuma Scripting TEMA from STOCKS & COMMODITIES – Feb-1994

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MatthewMatthew
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 346

The following script can be used to build the TEMA indicator referenced in the Feb 1994 edition of Stocks & Commodities magazine. This indicator needs to be applied to a Candlestick chart with the Heikin-Ashi checkbox enabled.

This script also requires Optuma 64bit as it uses features not supported in older version of Optuma / Market Analyst.

Ex20

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by MatthewMatthew.
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Thank you so much for publishing this script, as I am script ignorant 🙂
    As an idea/request, is there any way one could post a MACD type indicator with the TEMA plotted vs. an Exponential MA and have the resulting plot in a histogram with a MA option on the histogram? Could the inputs be made as variables?
    Any help/direction would be most appreciated!

André 

DarrenDarren
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 576

Hi André,

To create a histogram between the TEMA and an EMA of the TEMA use the following:

Capture

You can change the inputs – currently set to 25 period for the TEMA and 9 for the MA of the histogram at the top of the script. Save the script as an indicator in a New Tool View and it will be added to your toolbox:

Capture

THANK YOU, Darren!  You guys rock!
    It’s exactly what I wanted!

DarrenDarren

Copy the above formula and edit the last lines to create a signal rather than a plot. Use this for the histogram crossing above 0:

For the cross below 0 change the last line to CrossesBelow. When the formulas are applied to separate Show Bar tools they will match the histogram tool:

Capture

Many, many thanks–this is quite useful!  I appreciate all you do.

AJB

Hello Gentlemen:
    Using the same formula as TEMA, but adding another dimension for a quadruple exponential moving average, would the formula below be the answer?

EMA2=MA(BARS=34, STYLE=Exponential, CALC=Close); QT=(4 * EMA2) – (4* (MA(EMA2, BARS=34, STYLE=Exponential, CALC=Close))) + (MA(MA(MA(EMA2, BARS=34, STYLE=Exponential, CALC=Close), BARS=34, STYLE=Exponential, CALC=Close), BARS=34, CALC=Close, STYLE=Exponential)); Plot2 = QT;

Lastly, plot colour was omitted.  Where is there a list for colour names?  I couldn’t find it.  I was looking for light blue/aqua.

Thanks!

DarrenDarren

Hi André,

I’m not sure about the formula… is this what you are looking for?

https://www.prorealcode.com/prorealtime-indicators/quadruple-exponential-moving-average-indicator/

As for the colour, you can either use Plot2.Colour and pick from the list, or apply the tool and change it it the properties and save as default.

Capture

Thank you, Darren, as always!

I believe it is so.  It is just one extension of TEMA, which is one extension of DEMA, etc…

DarrenDarren

No worries. Here’s the equivalent of that quadruple EMA code, but it has 5 EMAs so not sure if it’s exactly what you want:

Displayed in a Show Plot:

Capture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close