Chart Annotation - cannot access properties

Apologies: this is a pretty basic question.

I’ve added a Chart Annotation but seem to be unable to right-click on it to access its properties. As soon as I hover the cursor over it, it immediately goes into text edit mode, and the right-click function is not available. Therefore I cannot move it or delete it, and it is annoyingly stuck right over the top of some key price action. Is there some sort of user error going on here, or is there another way to access the Chart Annotation properties?

I am using Optuma 2.2 Build 51.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any insight.

Hi,

When you hover over an annotation on the chart it will expand automatically, and a small control point icon should appear on the top left corner. If you click and hold on this control point you should be able to drag the annotation to a new location.

Ex5

Thanks Matthew, that’s what I would have expected too, but alas, the suggestion does not work. The control point appears and the cursor even changes to a ‘four arrow icon’ or ‘cursor move icon’ when it hovers over it, but it cannot ‘grab’ it. Is sort of feels like the annotation is ‘locked’. Is that possible?

Hi,

Yes, if you lock the chart layer the annotations become fixed in their position. If you have the right side Structure panel in view, make sure the padlock icon on the chart layer is in the unlocked state.

Ex8

Thanks, unlocking the layer allowed the annotation to be moved around and deleted. The ‘gotcha’ for me was that the annotation does not appear in the Structure Panel. With that, this discussion is resolved. Again, thank you for your time and patience in resolving this somewhat trivial user issue.

(As a side note for your awareness, it has not been possible to access the annotation’s properties with a right-mouse click, and there is no other obvious method to do so).