Fixed Price Scale Axis

Hello Optuma team,

I have a new feature suggestion: “It should be possible that the manual entries for the “Scale Maximum” and “Scale Minimum” in the “Price Scale Properties” settings are really fixed and can only be changed when the user enters new values for the “Scale Maximum” and “Scale Minimum”.”

At the moment the situation is somewhat unsatisfactory, as entering values for “Scale Maximum” and “Scale Minimum” changes the price scale and a padlock icon is displayed. BUT it is still possible to change the maximum and minimum of the price scale by holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse up and down.

This can happen accidentally or when changing other chart settings. That is the real issue!!!

I had a forum discussion with Mathew some time ago about this issue, and he told me that he would not make it possible to really fix the maximum and minimum of the price scale because it is possible that some users who are not very familiar with Optuma would be confused if the price scale does not adjust when a new security or tool is loaded.

I accept this objection.

Therefore, I have an “adjusted” new recommendation. Would it be possible to add a new feature with a checkbox option in the “Price Scale Properties” settings that, when manually checked by the user, really fixes the manual settings of the “Scale Maximum” and “Scale Minimum” values, and when not checked by the user, the issue remains the same as it is at the moment?

Thank you very much and best wishes,
Thomas

Hi Optuma Team

Just a reminder that my feature recommendation above is still on my wish list for a future update of Optuma.

Best wishes,
Thomas