New Catagory

Hey

You currently have tags/categories for

Buy, Hold, Sell, Exit

Can you please add one called Watch.

Hi Jonathan,

In what area of Optuma are you referring to?

All the best

Mathew

Hi Mathew and Jonathan,

I'm with Jonathan on this, except I'd also like to see an option "Notes" in the slide out Journal in the chart window, because that is what I use that area for most:

20190329 Journal suggestion, Ticket #52115

Cheers

Trevor

Ah - In the journal.

hmmm - not hard to add other labels but as soon as we do someone will have a request for another one! If we are going to do this I would want to make sure we do it in a more customisable way.

In the interim, do you use a watchlist? Have you seen how you can add a custom label there? See this blog post https://www.optuma.com/working-with-edfs-part1/ where Matt Humphreys talks about manual fields.

When you click on the field in a watchlist, you get shown a drop down with any previous values you have used. Of course you can then group the watchlist by the labels.

rating

In that image you can also see that I can also show that custom field on the chart using a “Chart Element” tool.

So while this may not be exactly what you want, this is available now.

All the best

Mathew

Hi Mathew,

Yes, the Watchlist can provide a way of identifying Sell, Buy, Hold, Watch, Notes etc, using the External Data Field, but it does not lend itself to the functionality of being able to enter extensive details, which is exactly what the Journal functionality does provide.

Frequently, when I'm analysing the action in a market I'll put a summary in my Journal that covers the various indicators I've used to assess Long or Short Entry criteria as in the following screenshot - putting this much detail in an Watchlist External Data Field would, I believe, detract form the utility of the Watchlist. Incidentally, I'm using "HOLD", not necessarily because I've come to a Hold conclusion, but because the Journal doesn't have a "Note" category. Your suggestion of a user customisable field is probably even better than adding specific headings as Jonathan and I have previously suggested. That way we can each have what suits our individual purposes.

20190331 Journal Entries

Cheers

Trevor