PSAR Scan

I wish to be able to scan for stocks as they change from (as indicated on the attached screenshot) blue PSAR dot to red PSAR dot. I have followed the instructions as per the Optuma website and end up with the result (using “show bar” in green) on the attached screenshot. Some green arrows are close to the change over point but some are no where near the change over. I have tried both plus and minus offsets without any success.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Brett. PSAR is a unique tool in that we calculate the value for the next day, which is being used in the scanning manger, but not the Show Bar. The only way to get round that in the Scanning Manager is to change the Date Range setting to Date Range and set the Start and End Dates to the last trading day:

Capture

This isn’t ideal as you would have to change the date each time, so perhaps the best solution would be to put the formula in a watchlist column and then whenever you open the workbook the list will update with True/False conditions. The attached workbook is linked to the ASX300 symbol list, so it will always load the current members (note: you will need the Optuma Symbol Lists added to your account - otherwise the list will remain static).

On Friday January 15th, 8 ASX300 stocks had a PSAR Long Signal, and 12 short:

Capture

Outstanding, thankyou Darren, much appreciated.

Hi Brett,

I’ve found a solution to run a PSAR scan instead of a in watchlist. The PSAR() function has a ‘state’ condition, where 1 is long and 0 is short, so to scan for when a long is triggered use the following:

PSAR().State ChangeTo 1

For short signals use ChangeTo 0.