Recent Workbooks

Hi Optuma Team,

Currently it is only possible to display a list of the last opened workbooks on the left side of the Optuma user interface in the order of the last opening. The most recently opened workbook is at the top of the list and the workbook that has not been opened for the longest time is at the bottom of the list.

In the MS Office programs there is a function called “Quick Access Toolbar”. With this function it is possible to select some commands from the list of commands to be displayed in the “Quick Access Toolbar” and with the up and down arrows it is possible to change the order of the commands listed in the “Quick Access Toolbar”.

I would like to propose the following changes:
In Optuma it should be possible to select from the available workbooks those that should be displayed in the “Recent Workbook” list, and with the up and down arrows it should be possible to specify a fixed order of the workbooks listed in the “Recent Workbook” list. This way, the order of the workbooks listed in the “Recent Workbook” list will no longer change depending on when they were last opened.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

If you mouse over the workbook name you can pin them to keep them in your preferred position:

I would second Thomas’s suggestion, as although yes you can pin workbooks this does not give you the ability to move these up or down so you have the most relevant workbook available. The issue with this is also there is a limit as to how many workbooks you can pin so although it does mean you can keep pinning up to a certain point beyond that it is a case of un pinning to add new more current workbooks. The ability to move the workbooks up or down a pinned list would assist in this process.

Hi Darren,

thank you for your replay, but your suggestion is only half of the story.

Pinning the workbooks means that the last opened workbook is listed at the top of the list, but all other workbooks are sorted according to their last opening time.

It should be possible to sort all workbooks manually according to personal preferences.

Here again is the description of my new feature request als already mentioned above:
In Optuma it should be possible to select from the available workbooks those that should be displayed in the “Recent Workbook” list, and with the up and down arrows it should be possible to specify a fixed order of the workbooks listed in the “Recent Workbook” list. This way, the order of the workbooks listed in the “Recent Workbook” list will no longer change depending on when they were last opened.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi,

You can add a folder to the custom toolbar called My Workbooks, and add individual workbooks to that folder. From there you can adjust the order by dragging and dropping their position, as well as customise their names and add specific icons.

Ex4

The order of the items in this folder won’t change based on when they were last opened.

Thanks Matthew. Making a “My Workbooks” folder in the custom toolbar works fine.

But, at least from my perspective I agree with the above. It certainly would be more user friendly to be able to organise the order of workbooks in the “Recent Workbooks” section in the first place as suggested. If you guys ever get around to it in an upgrade at some stage in the future it is one thing I also would like to see.

But I am happy for now because there is at least a way of solving the problem.

Cheers,

Bill